Two conferences focusing on gas and renewables will take place in Casablanca next month.
The Kingdom of Morocco’s ministry of energy, mines and sustainable development confirmed the move yesterday.
Honourable Minister Aziz Rabbah will open the conferences with a keynote speech, going on to explore potential financing bottlenecks in Morocco’s gas and renewable energy strategy.
The summits will explore the evolution of the global gas market as a catalyst for industrial growth for the region, linking with Europe and the development of gas-to-power projects within the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and Maghreb regions.
In addition to regional gas infrastructure projects, the programme will discuss gas utilisation for the downstream sectors and the positive impact the North and West Africa gas economy will have on the ECOWAS region.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms