Energy subsidiary company, EON Wind Services, has announced today that it will provide third part services to the Drone Hill Wind Farm in the Scottish Borders.
The five to ten year contract will see EON provide full operation and maintenance services to the 22 turbine site.
The company’s wind services arm already operates 16 onshore wind farms in the UK and an additional four across Scotland.
The 28.6MW project is jointly owned by Greencoat UK and Swiss Life Asset Management.
Katja Bartsch-Wünschel, director of EON Onshore Wind Europe, said: “We are extremely privileged and proud to have been given this opportunity. E.ON operates under the motto “Service with an Owner’s Eye”, which means that we will provide the same quality of service and dedication as we would do for our own sites. We look forward to building this relationship and working in cooperation with Drone Hill Wind Farm Ltd over the coming years.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector