UK headquartered development firm Ilika has announced a partnership to deploy solid state battery powered devices for the condition monitoring of wind turbines with Titan Wind Energy, the largest manufacturer of wind turbine products in China.
Ilika said the deployment would be part of a two-year collaborative project with the Chinese wind turbine manufacturer.
Support will come from Chester University and Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA).
It said the £1million development project was supported by Innovate UK funding of £400,000.
Chinese partners are expected to receive similar funding from Jiangsu Province.
At 9:59am: (LON:IKA) Ilika share price was +2p at 23p
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter
- OPINION: Time to take pumped storage hydro seriously