Aberdeen has become home to the world’s first hydrogen-powered road sweeper.
The retro-fitted Daf truck will use the clean fuel around one-third of the time and diesel for the remainder.
Councillor Philip Bell, Aberdeen City Council’s hydrogen spokesman, said: “The delivery of this vehicle keeps us at the forefront globally by demonstrating the practicality and operational flexibility of hydrogen technologies.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: North Sea firms need to evolve to attract new talent
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be