Porsche has pulled the covers off its new Cayenne Turbo SUV at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Sitting at the top of the model line-up, the Cayenne Turbo is powered by a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 engine that produces 542bhp and 770Nm of torque. This represents an increase of 30bhp and 20Nm over its predecessor.
Porsche has equipped the new Cayenne Turbo with controlled three-chamber air suspension, an active rear spoiler and new high-performance brakes in a bid to improve the SUV’s driving dynamics.
Differentiating the Turbo from other Cayenne models are a number of unique styling cues, including double-row front light modules, quad exhausts and 21-inch “Turbo” alloys.
The cabin includes features such as a Bose surround sound system, sports seats with 18-way adjustment and the Porsche Advanced Cockpit infotainment system. All seats and the sports steering wheel are heated as standard.
The European market launch is scheduled for the end of this year. In Germany, the Cayenne Turbo has been priced from €138,850 (£125,084).
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain