BMI Healthcare is Britain’s leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals throughout the UK.
BMI Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen provides a wide range of services to organisations through its Health First product range that aims to improve and maintain the health of employees.
The UK health and fitness industry has seen growth fuelled by increased awareness and individuals recognising the benefits of exercise on both physical and mental health.
The rise in obesity, heart disease and diabetes has further highlighted the need to alter
sedentary lifestyles, and government initiatives and sporting events have given the industry a further boost.
The services provided through our Health First proposition take a proactive approach to each client’s needs and can be tailored to suit the requirements of each organisation we work with. The full service range includes:
• Health Assessments: Offering a detailed analysis for your employees, while providing insight into the health of your organisation.
• Physiotherapy: Providing timely diagnosis, treatment and, where appropriate, onward referral for your employee.
• Private GP Services: Enabling your employees to get face-to-face medical advice with minimal waiting times.
• Diagnostic Services: Delivering a wide variety of routine and specialised procedures, providing a seamless service to your employees.
• Travel Health Clinics: Ensuring your employees have the correct vaccinations for both personal and business travel.
• Health Education Events: Empowering your employees with practical and informative advice from our wide range of clinicians.
Each service is fully complemented by acting as a gateway to further treatment and services as deemed appropriate through our wider network of specialist consultants who practise within our high-quality facilities.
SMALL CHANGES CAN REDUCE RISKS
BMI Health assessments provide the employee (patient) with an excellent opportunity to understand their health. A specialist team of GPs and health assessment nurses will review their health and offer practical advice on how they can make changes to help reduce the risk of developing common, but often preventable conditions such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and kidney disease.
Each assessment includes quality time with a doctor or nurse to discuss any personal health concerns. Once the health assessment has been completed the client will receive advice based on their personalised consultation and results which will include recommendations on the lifestyle changes that they can make to improve their health and wellbeing.
BMI Healthcare offers four levels of health assessments which can cater to an individual or corporate client who wishes to offer this as part of their employee benefits.
Some organisations may wish to offer a lower-level assessment to certain groups of employees, with higher levels offered for different groups of employees dependent on the physical requirements of their role. Our offering can be completely tailored to accommodate this.
Each of the four health assessment levels provide detailed analysis and advice around lifestyle-related concerns and aim to give peace of mind to the patient by providing them with a better understanding of their health.
Detailed reports recording all the results are provided to each patient at the end of the health assessment, as well as advice on maintaining and improving their health now and in the future.
The range of health assessments are:
• Essential: A heart health risk assessment and lifestyle advice from a specially trained nurse.
• Select: Designed to assess general health while focusing on areas of particular concern to each gender, for example, breast and testicular cancer awareness and examinations.
• Advanced: Covers the heart, lungs, various cancers, vision, hearing, a full set of blood tests, dietary and lifestyle appraisals and much more
• Advanced Plus: Our most comprehensive assessment. Patients benefit from all the Advanced tests and examinations plus an exercise ECG to test the heart’s ability.
While there are set areas covered and tests performed across each level of assessment, the consultation with our GP and/or specialist nurse is personalised to the patient to ensure any areas of concern are addressed.