The UK government has announced that UK carbon emissions are to be cut by 78% by 2035. Achieving this requires businesses of all sizes to make substantial changes in reducing their emissions and offsetting what cannot practicably be reduced.
In a recent survey conducted by BSI on net zero and its implications on UK business, from 1000 senior UK decision makers surveyed, only 10% were fully aware of net zero and how it impacted their organisation, with the remaining 90% unsure and requiring more guidance.
Businesses of all sizes are now realising the benefits of reducing their carbon emissions. A move towards net zero helps raise their business profile through:
• First Mover Advantage
• Market Differentiation
• Improved Tender Scoring – Carbon Management Plan / Carbon Neutral.
• Future Proof against regulation – Opportunity for smaller businesses to act before legislation.
• Increased staff morale – Your business is a better place to work, improved productivity.
• Leveraging a good Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) profile to attract external financing.
Now is the time to Act
In the last year, businesses have experienced the carbon emission reductions achievable from home working, with less business travel, commuting and reduced energy spend.
We now have a unique opportunity to review how these changes have impacted business output and to make key operational changes in order to align with a net zero transition and reduce our emissions.
In assessing your carbon footprint, you can identify emissions hotspots and look for opportunities to reduce them within your business. Through using renewable energy solutions, replacing older technologies, and implementing lower energy IT solutions where possible, you can achieve real change to your GHG emissions profile at low cost and without impacting on your business model. This can be as simple as switching tariffs with your energy provider to negate electricity or gas associated carbon emissions.
Carbon-Zero are an experienced energy and carbon emissions consultancy, based in Aberdeen, supporting clients internationally and across the UK in improving their carbon emissions status.
Experienced in many industry sectors we offer Energy and Carbon Assessments, Product Life Cycle Analysis, Supply Chain Analysis, Energy Transition Assistance, Feasibility Studies, Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) and Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) Guidance, Project Management and Low Carbon Technology Advice to businesses of all scales.
We also offer a range of technology and service assessments, enabling businesses to validate the carbon savings achievable through utilisation of proprietary technologies and services.