The COSL Innovator rig has been booked for a drilling campaign on the Barryroe field off Ireland.
Providence Resources has decided to hand in a fresh application for surveys on the site of the Barryroe field following a legal challenge.
Shares in Providence Resources jumped by almost 10% in London this morning after the Irish oil firm beefed up its drilling programme for the Barryroe field.
Lansdowne Oil & Gas said today that it expects to raise £900,000 through the placement of 69 million new ordinary shares.
Providence Resources said today that Chinese firm Apec will buy into the Barryroe oil field, off the south coast of Ireland.
Landsdown Oil and Gas and Providence Resources has announced it has been granted permission to begin drilling at the 48/24-K Barryroe appraisal well in the Barryroe Field.
Providence Resources has been given more time to develop its work programme for its Barryroe licence.
Landsdowne Oil & Gas said the partners in the Barryroe oil field have been offered a two year extension on the first phase of SEL 1/11 to July 2017. The decision was approved by the Irish Minister for Communication, Energy and Natural Resources.
Providence Resources has reached an agreement with a partner to develop the Barryroe field in the Celtic Sea. The company provided few details on the farm-in, which is said was subject to closing conditions, particularly the required level of financing. Providence currently holds an 80% interest in Barryroe, which is located in SEL 1/11 and LO 12/4 in the North Celtic basin, through its subsidiary EXOLA Limited with Landsdowne Oil and Gas holding the remaining 20% interest.