Oil erased earlier gains as a diplomatic clash involving OPEC members Saudi Arabia and Qatar was seen having limited impact on the group’s policy.
Four Arab nations have cut diplomatic ties to Qatar, further deepening a rift between Gulf Arab nations over the country’s support for Islamist groups.
Lawyer and Middle East business expert Hugh Fraser has been inducted into a global networking initiative set up to help Scottish firms break international markets.
Qatar Petroleum plans to start a new development in the offshore North Field, ending a 12-year ban on new projects that allowed the company to assess how its current rate of extraction affects the giant reservoir it shares with Iran.
Glencore's chief Ivan Glasenberg and a top executive from Qatar's state wealth fund QIA will likely join the board of Russia's Rosneft this year, according to sources.
Oil major Shell said its Pearl gas-to-liquids (GTL) plant in Qatar is currently operating at a reduced rate of production due to unforeseen maintenance required on some or all of the plant's 18 gasifier units.
Analysts have poured cold water on the idea that the recent output deal from Opec and non-Opec countries will lead to a major rebalancing of the oil market.
Glencore Plc and Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund are using 2.8 billion euros ($3 billion) in equity and $7.8 billion in financing from a bank consortium led by Italian lender Intesa Sanpaolo SpA to buy their stake in Russian oil company Rosneft PJSC.
Russia sold an 10.2-billion euro ($11 billion) stake in its largest oil producer to commodity trader Glencore Plc and Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund in a triumph for President Vladimir Putin, who announced the deal on state television personally.
Qatar Navigation's purchase of Qatar Petroleum's stake in oilfield services firm Al Shaheen has been delayed.
ConocoPhillps has appointed a new Qatar business unit president.
Cyberhawk has completed the first commercial oil and gas inspection in Qatar.
Iran will attend talks with fellow OPEC members and Russia in Qatar next month without joining their proposal to freeze crude oil production, according to a person familiar with the nation’s policy.
Al Jazeera is reducing its headcount by up to 500 positions as oil-rich Qatar looks to streamline its costs amid the global decline in crude prices.
Umbilicals specialist JDR has been awarded contracts by McDermott Middle East for two projects in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
Iran has snubbed a proposal agreed to by four oil powerhouses to cap their crude output if other producers do the same, with a senior official saying Tehran has no intention of freezing production levels.
Russia has agreed with Opec members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Venezuela to freeze oil production levels if other producers do the same.
The president and chief executive of Qatar Petroleum has called on oil and gas leaders to convert current challenges facing the industry into opportunities for future development.
Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund has sold shares in Shell and BG worth almost £1billion, raising fresh questions about support for oil firms’ proposed £47billion mega-merger.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) was the world's sixth-largest oil producer in 2014, and the second-largest producer of petroleum and other liquids in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), behind only Saudi Arabia.
Qatar Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSA) called off plans to build a $6.5 billion petrochemical plant in the emirate, saying the project is no longer commercially feasible amid the upheaval in global energy markets. The companies formed a partnership for the al-Karaana project in 2011 and planned to operate it as a joint venture, with state-run QP owning 80% and Shell the remaining 20%. They decided not to proceed with it after evaluating quotations from bidders for engineering and construction work, the companies said today in a joint statement.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro is seeking several billion dollars from Qatari lenders to help plug a budget gap after oil lost more than half its value. “We’re finalizing a financial alliance with important banks from Qatar that will give us sufficient oxygen to help cover the fall in oil prices and give us the resources we need for the national foreign currency budget,” he said on state television.
Aberdeen-based PIM (Plant Integrity Management) has landed a contract from Maersk Oil Qatar for its PSV (Pressure Safety Valve) software in the Al Shaheen field. The company has helped deliver PSV management and consultancy systems on 33 platforms in the region.