Offshore drilling firm Odfjell Drilling has signed a contract with Austrian oil company OMV for the Deepsea Bergen to drill a well next year.
The contract will cover the drilling of one high pressure high temperature (HPHT) well, with options for two additional wells on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The semi-submersible drilling rig is currently operating for Statoil in the same area.
The contract will commence in the first quarter of 2018 for an estimated duration of 100 days, before options.
The agreement followed through on the letter of intent Odfjell Drilling received from OMV last month.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain