Offshore drilling firm Odfjell Drilling has signed a contract with Austrian oil company OMV for the Deepsea Bergen to drill a well next year.
The contract will cover the drilling of one high pressure high temperature (HPHT) well, with options for two additional wells on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The semi-submersible drilling rig is currently operating for Statoil in the same area.
The contract will commence in the first quarter of 2018 for an estimated duration of 100 days, before options.
The agreement followed through on the letter of intent Odfjell Drilling received from OMV last month.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance