Maersk Oil has released footage showing the progress being made on the three topsides for the £3.3billion Culzean field.
All of the decks for the topside have been constructed and stacked one on top of the other using the “pancake” method.
They are being built at Sembcorp Marine’s Admiralty Yard in Singapore ahead of sailaway next year.
The will be installed in the Culzean field, 145 miles east of Aberdeen, with first oil to follow in 2019.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?
- VIDEO: Sir Ian Wood’s acceptance speech for the Gold Awards
- VIDEO: Hurricane creates huge waves
- VIDEO: Statoil builds Norway’s largest drilling platform
- VIDEO: Offshore rescue chopper gets up close with lifeboat
- Video: Offshore workers nearly end up in the water after waves crash over aft deck
- VIDEO: Farewell to the Buchan Alpha