Maersk Oil has released footage showing the progress being made on the three topsides for the £3.3billion Culzean field.
All of the decks for the topside have been constructed and stacked one on top of the other using the “pancake” method.
They are being built at Sembcorp Marine’s Admiralty Yard in Singapore ahead of sailaway next year.
The will be installed in the Culzean field, 145 miles east of Aberdeen, with first oil to follow in 2019.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- VIDEO: Protestors arrested after climbing North Sea platform
- Promoted: Rotech complete major cable trenching
- WATCH: Shell’s Cougar platform becomes artificial reef
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms