Iraqi soldiers moved late Sunday to take over oilfields in the northern city of Kirkurk from Kurdish forces, pushing crude prices higher amid reports of deadly clashes.
Standard University director of Iranian studies Abbas Milani weights in. Watch the video to find out more.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms