Iraqi soldiers moved late Sunday to take over oilfields in the northern city of Kirkurk from Kurdish forces, pushing crude prices higher amid reports of deadly clashes.
Standard University director of Iranian studies Abbas Milani weights in. Watch the video to find out more.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms
- Video: Scottish green gas can create renewable power
- Video: North Sea Piper ringing in the New Year goes viral
- VIDEO: Hurricane Harvey Video – Day 5