Last year was another record breaker for renewables, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).
Almost two thirds of net new power capacity worldwide came from green sources.
Solar power accounted for a large part of the growth, with a 50% increase in capacity.
For more facts about renewable energy watch this short video from the IEA.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms