Emergency services were still dealing with an oil rig fire in the US last night.
Six crew members were taken to hospital following the incident in Lake Pontchartrain near Kenner, Louisiana, on Sunday evening at 8pm.
The condition of the crew members is not known at this time.
Emergency services were first alerted to reports of “explosions and noises”.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office confirmed that a two inch natural gas pipe was still leaking yesterday.
There is not thought to be any environmental impact.
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms
- Video: Scottish green gas can create renewable power
- Video: North Sea Piper ringing in the New Year goes viral
- VIDEO: Hurricane Harvey Video – Day 5