Statoil chief executive Eldar Saetre said today that oil prices were at the “low end of the cycle” and that demand was stronger than expected.
Mr Saetre also said the shale sector, which has a huge influence on oil prices, had not yet peaked.
Watch the full interview above.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Watch: This may be the droid you are looking for…
- Watch: Shell’s Auger – from deepwater pioneer to new energy giant
- Watch: Vessel rolling in the deep
- Watch: Shell’s CFO talks Q3 results
- WATCH: These are the North Sea firms succeeding at MER UK
- Watch: Chevron’s new lease of life for North Sea’s Captain