Statoil’s Hywind project became operational on Tuesday.
Energy Voice was lucky enough to get a space on the plane to see the towering turbines 15 miles off the Scottish coast.
Watch the video to see more.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms