Video footage of a large shark near an oil rig has resurfaced on YouTube.
The uploader does not say where or when the film was shot.
The text added to the video suggests that the shark is a “megalodon”.
However, a number of viewers have challenged that idea, saying it is a Greenland Shark.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter