Video footage of a large shark near an oil rig has resurfaced on YouTube.
The uploader does not say where or when the film was shot.
The text added to the video suggests that the shark is a “megalodon”.
However, a number of viewers have challenged that idea, saying it is a Greenland Shark.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain
- Video: What can be heard two miles beneath the sea floor? BP reveals
- Video: What does OPEC’s decision mean for the oil price?
- VIDEO: US oil fills OPEC supply gaps at $60
- VIDEO: 24K tonne Aasta Hansteen platform makes stunning arrival
- Watch: Jennifer Hudson, Pixie Lott star in Shell music video
- Watch: Shark spotted near oil rig