Norwegian oil giant Statoil has today released footage of the launch of the Johan Sverdrup platform jacket announcing the beginning of its 2018 installation campaign.
The platform jacket, named ‘Vilje’, is lifted into place in the North Sea next to the Egir riser platform installed in 2017.
The jacket, engineered and constructed by Kværner Verdal, will be part of an installation involving more than 400km of pipelines, 200 km of power cables.
The work will be carried out by 2,400 strong workforce.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Thinking differently about change and the value of emerging technologies
- Safeguards essential for travel to ‘most dangerous’ list
- Green campaigners should look at evidence for leaving rigs in place
- World Car Free Day is opportunity to change automotive habits
- Oil and Gas: ready for big data?