See drone footage of the now decommissioned Strangford Lough tidal turbine which sits in Portaferry, Northern Ireland.
The turbine, owned by Atlantis Resources, was first lowered into place in 2008.
It was reported that it would be removed at the end of 2016, but is still in place today.
The turbine’s two horizontal axis turbines are anchored to the seabed and are driven by the powerful currents resulting from the tide moving in and out.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms