Huge waves have been captured by an offshore worker on a North Sea platform as Storm Frank battered the coast with winds of up to 70mph.
Jonny Clarke, who captured the footage while working offshore said the waves were as high a nine metres.
The footage was captured of the Britannia platform by the North Sea worker who is onboard the COSL Rival accommodation floatel.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up
- Watch: This may be the droid you are looking for…
- Watch: Shell’s Auger – from deepwater pioneer to new energy giant
- Watch: Vessel rolling in the deep
- Watch: Shell’s CFO talks Q3 results
- WATCH: These are the North Sea firms succeeding at MER UK
- Watch: Chevron’s new lease of life for North Sea’s Captain