Energy Voice has gone back through its archives to take a look at some of the top stories from 2016.
In December, police in England launched an investigation into the death of a North Sea worker.
BP chief executive Bob Dudley also visited the company’s North Sea operations as he reinforced its commitment to the UK.
Take a look at all the stories below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Energy companies are scapegoating environmental policies for their own gain
- Singapore efficiency even extends to its bankruptcy laws
- Opinion: UK can lead way in designing first nuclear fusion power stations
- Paul de Leeuw: Brexit impact on the oil and gas industry in the UK
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning jobs myth