Energy Voice has gone back through its archives to take a look at some of the top stories from 2016.
In December, police in England launched an investigation into the death of a North Sea worker.
BP chief executive Bob Dudley also visited the company’s North Sea operations as he reinforced its commitment to the UK.
Take a look at all the stories below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: OPEC looks totally bewildered as the oil market reshapes
- Opinion: US power responding to shifting market dynamics
- Road greenhouse gases and air pollution action ‘may bring big tax receipts hole’
- Opinion: Oil price unlikely to increase as oversupply continues
- Opinion: The big green job switch