Stocks in mining companies have dropped to a FTSE 100 low after the price of iron ore dropped to a six month low.
The key steel-making ingredient was hit by a downturn in the Chinese markets and concerns of excess supply.
Glencore fell 11.35p at 297.7p, Antofagasta dropped 25p at 810p, Anglo American slumped 51p to 1,129p and BHP Billiton fell 48.5p at 1,225.5p.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be
- Decarbonising the UK: Why are we so cool on heat?