Italian oil and gas firm Eni has announced the financial close of Coral South FLNG.
Together with its Area 4 Partners, Eni said that their multi-sourced project closed at $4,675,000.
The sizable resources, discovered in the Rovuma Basin offshore Mozambique, are part of a project to monetise the gas reserves discovered during the project.
A Sale and Purchase Agreement was signed in 2016 for the sale of 100% of the LNG production to BP.
Eni continues to be the operator of Area 4 and holds a 50% indirect share through its participation in Eni East Africa (EEA).
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- How to solve Europe’s energy trilemma
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?