Italian oil and gas firm Eni has announced the financial close of Coral South FLNG.
Together with its Area 4 Partners, Eni said that their multi-sourced project closed at $4,675,000.
The sizable resources, discovered in the Rovuma Basin offshore Mozambique, are part of a project to monetise the gas reserves discovered during the project.
A Sale and Purchase Agreement was signed in 2016 for the sale of 100% of the LNG production to BP.
Eni continues to be the operator of Area 4 and holds a 50% indirect share through its participation in Eni East Africa (EEA).
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain