Calendar An icon of a desk calendar. Cancel An icon of a circle with a diagonal line across. Caret An icon of a block arrow pointing to the right. Email An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of the Facebook "f" mark. Google An icon of the Google "G" mark. Linked In An icon of the Linked In "in" mark. Logout An icon representing logout. Profile An icon that resembles human head and shoulders. Telephone An icon of a traditional telephone receiver. Tick An icon of a tick mark. Is Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes. Is Not Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes with a diagonal line through it. Pause Icon A two-lined pause icon for stopping interactions. Quote Mark A opening quote mark. Quote Mark A closing quote mark. Arrow An icon of an arrow. Folder An icon of a paper folder. Breaking An icon of an exclamation mark on a circular background. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Caret An icon of a caret arrow. Clock An icon of a clock face. Close An icon of the an X shape. Close Icon An icon used to represent where to interact to collapse or dismiss a component Comment An icon of a speech bubble. Comments An icon of a speech bubble, denoting user comments. Ellipsis An icon of 3 horizontal dots. Envelope An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of a facebook f logo. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Home An icon of a house. Instagram An icon of the Instagram logo. LinkedIn An icon of the LinkedIn logo. Magnifying Glass An icon of a magnifying glass. Search Icon A magnifying glass icon that is used to represent the function of searching. Menu An icon of 3 horizontal lines. Hamburger Menu Icon An icon used to represent a collapsed menu. Next An icon of an arrow pointing to the right. Notice An explanation mark centred inside a circle. Previous An icon of an arrow pointing to the left. Rating An icon of a star. Tag An icon of a tag. Twitter An icon of the Twitter logo. Video Camera An icon of a video camera shape. Speech Bubble Icon A icon displaying a speech bubble WhatsApp An icon of the WhatsApp logo. Information An icon of an information logo. Plus A mathematical 'plus' symbol. Duration An icon indicating Time. Success Tick An icon of a green tick. Success Tick Timeout An icon of a greyed out success tick. Loading Spinner An icon of a loading spinner.

Melrose signs for Romania blocks

Melrose signs for Romania blocks
Melrose Resources has signed concession agreements for two offshore exploration blocks with the Romanian National Agency of Mineral Resources.

Melrose Resources has signed concession agreements for two offshore exploration blocks with the Romanian National Agency of Mineral Resources.

The Edinburgh company said it had successfully concluded agreements for the Muridava block, formerly block XXVII.

It has also secured the Est Cobalcescu block, formerly block XXVIII.

Both blocks are located in the Romanian sector of the Black Sea.

The concessions were awarded in the 10th Romanian Licensing Round in June 2010 to Melrose and its partner, Petromar Resources.

Melrose will receive operatorship and 80% interest, and Petromar the remaining non-operating 20%.

The new licences are located in shallow water in the Western Black Sea.

They have a combined area of 2,000sq km.

They contain multiple exploration plays.

Both are on trend with existing Pliocene and Miocene gas discoveries elsewhere in Romanian waters.

They are covered by old regional 2D seismic data, and Muridava also contains an existing gas & oil discovery, Olimpiskiyi, which was drilled in 2001.

However, there is currently limited available data on the 10-year-old .

This will be appraised as part of the planned work programme.

The concession agreement package contains a three year initial term.

An option for a three-year extension is also available if desired.

More from Energy Voice

Latest Posts