Odfjell Drilling has been awarded a contract with Total E&P for work in South Africa.
The company announced a conditional letter of award in March this year, with the conditions now being fulfilled.
The contract is for one well plus one optional well to be drilled by Deepsea Stavanger.
It will begin in June next year and will run until 19 April 2019.
The contract value is estimated at up to $55 million.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on