Odfjell Drilling has been awarded a contract with Total E&P for work in South Africa.
The company announced a conditional letter of award in March this year, with the conditions now being fulfilled.
The contract is for one well plus one optional well to be drilled by Deepsea Stavanger.
It will begin in June next year and will run until 19 April 2019.
The contract value is estimated at up to $55 million.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?