Chinese oil firm Cnooc has announced that its wholly-owned Weizhou 12-2 oil field phase II project has come on stream.
The project is in the South China Sea and consists of one new wellhead platform.
There are seven wells currently producing 6,400 barrels of crude oil per day.
The project is expected to reach peak production of 11,800 barrels of crude oil per day in 2018.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter