Chinese oil firm Cnooc has announced that its wholly-owned Weizhou 12-2 oil field phase II project has come on stream.
The project is in the South China Sea and consists of one new wellhead platform.
There are seven wells currently producing 6,400 barrels of crude oil per day.
The project is expected to reach peak production of 11,800 barrels of crude oil per day in 2018.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain