Chinese oil firm Cnooc has announced that its wholly-owned Weizhou 12-2 oil field phase II project has come on stream.
The project is in the South China Sea and consists of one new wellhead platform.
There are seven wells currently producing 6,400 barrels of crude oil per day.
The project is expected to reach peak production of 11,800 barrels of crude oil per day in 2018.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance