Gulf Keystone Petroleum said its has received the latest gross payment of $6million from the Kurdistan Regional Government for Shaikan crude oil exports in April 2016.
This is a partial payment of the invoiced amount and the balance is expected to be paid shortly.
Gulf Keystone Petroleum has also extended a debt agreement with lenders as it aims to address its financial troubles.
It has signed an extension to its agreement with the holders of its bonds and loan notes until May 31.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms