Bayerngas Norge AS has been given consent to drill a search well in the North Sea.
The operator has been given permission to drill in a find called Tethys, starting mid-October.
Ocean depth in the region is around 360 metres.
The Songa Enabler drilling rig will be used.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter