Bayerngas Norge AS has been given consent to drill a search well in the North Sea.
The operator has been given permission to drill in a find called Tethys, starting mid-October.
Ocean depth in the region is around 360 metres.
The Songa Enabler drilling rig will be used.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain