Bayerngas Norge AS has been given consent to drill a search well in the North Sea.
The operator has been given permission to drill in a find called Tethys, starting mid-October.
Ocean depth in the region is around 360 metres.
The Songa Enabler drilling rig will be used.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people