Environmental activists have staged a protest outside the MCE Deepwater Development Event in the South of France.
Anti-oil protesters handcuffed themselves to the main stage of the auditiorium at the Le Palais Beaumont in Pau where the event was being held earlier today.
The event is being held on offshore drilling and deepwater oil and gas markets.
Previously a number of environmental groups had called for the cancellation of the event as they see it as “contradicting” with the commitments made in Paris at COP21.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking
- Opinion: From Connolly to collaboration
- Opinion: Tech guru unveils new battery to challenge lithium-ion