Environmental activists have staged a protest outside the MCE Deepwater Development Event in the South of France.
Anti-oil protesters handcuffed themselves to the main stage of the auditiorium at the Le Palais Beaumont in Pau where the event was being held earlier today.
The event is being held on offshore drilling and deepwater oil and gas markets.
Previously a number of environmental groups had called for the cancellation of the event as they see it as “contradicting” with the commitments made in Paris at COP21.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain