Azerbaijan’s energy minister has died in Turkey while receiving treatment following a heart attack, officials say.
Istanbul’s Florence Nightingale Hospital said that Natig Aliyev, 69, died at the hospital a day earlier.
It said the cause of death was a brain haemorrhage that developed suddenly.
He had been flown to Istanbul for treatment on June 5, two days after suffering a heart attack in Baku, the hospital said.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’