Azerbaijan’s energy minister has died in Turkey while receiving treatment following a heart attack, officials say.
Istanbul’s Florence Nightingale Hospital said that Natig Aliyev, 69, died at the hospital a day earlier.
It said the cause of death was a brain haemorrhage that developed suddenly.
He had been flown to Istanbul for treatment on June 5, two days after suffering a heart attack in Baku, the hospital said.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?