Azerbaijan’s energy minister has died in Turkey while receiving treatment following a heart attack, officials say.
Istanbul’s Florence Nightingale Hospital said that Natig Aliyev, 69, died at the hospital a day earlier.
It said the cause of death was a brain haemorrhage that developed suddenly.
He had been flown to Istanbul for treatment on June 5, two days after suffering a heart attack in Baku, the hospital said.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?