Storing renewable energy is a conundrum currently stumping the industry worldwide.
There are numerous ways to store energy right now and plenty of people, such as Elon Musk, willing to invest to find out.
Yet, putting renewable battery storage into action across the world will be a massive undertaking.
How might it work?
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?