Storing renewable energy is a conundrum currently stumping the industry worldwide.
There are numerous ways to store energy right now and plenty of people, such as Elon Musk, willing to invest to find out.
Yet, putting renewable battery storage into action across the world will be a massive undertaking.
How might it work?
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up