Yam Pro Energy from Israel signed an MOU with Shapoorji Pallonji Group, the owners of the TATA Group, to build a wave energy power station in Ghana.
The initial phase will be 10 MW and expanding thereafter. The partnership will be between Yam Pro, a local partner and SP with the responsibility to raise the finances.
Zeev Peretz and Laser Rothshtein, the joint CEO’s of Yam Pro, have released a joint statement: “We are very excited today reaching such a substantial milestone as one of the largest EPC companies in the world is giving confidence in our technology and company and are willing to start a cooperation in Ghana.
We are hoping this will be a start of a global cooperation with SP that we can together revolutionize the energy market around the world.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance