American oil and gas giant Chevron has released a video showing how it plans to use sour gas injection technology to maximise recovery in Kazakhstan.
The process will be used at the Tengiz Field and is billed as the “next phase of expansion”.
Sour gas injection technology was successfully developed and proven during the field’s previous expansion in 2008.
If successful it will further increase total daily production the world’s deepest producing supergiant oil field.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms
- Video: Scottish green gas can create renewable power
- Video: North Sea Piper ringing in the New Year goes viral
- VIDEO: Hurricane Harvey Video – Day 5