American oil and gas giant Chevron has released a video showing how it plans to use sour gas injection technology to maximise recovery in Kazakhstan.
The process will be used at the Tengiz Field and is billed as the “next phase of expansion”.
Sour gas injection technology was successfully developed and proven during the field’s previous expansion in 2008.
If successful it will further increase total daily production the world’s deepest producing supergiant oil field.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Dirty, difficult, and dangerous – why Millennials won’t work in oil
- Opinion: Oil majors taking sustainable energy tech seriously, at last
- Opinion: Accountant urges firms not to ignore Norwegian tax demands
- Opinion: The technical failure that could clear oil glut in weeks
- Opinion: Big Irish Atlantic hopes riding on Druid, Drombeg probe
- VIDEO: Overhead view of an oil rig in Texas
- VIDEO: Diver gets joined by friendly turtle
- Video: Baker Hughes GE rings NYSE bell to signal new start
- Video: See how Chevron plans to use sour gas in Kazakhstan
- VIDEO: Drilling for oil in north west London, in 1947
- VIDEO: See the FPSO for Eni’s latest project come to life