American oil and gas giant Chevron has released a video showing how it plans to use sour gas injection technology to maximise recovery in Kazakhstan.
The process will be used at the Tengiz Field and is billed as the “next phase of expansion”.
Sour gas injection technology was successfully developed and proven during the field’s previous expansion in 2008.
If successful it will further increase total daily production the world’s deepest producing supergiant oil field.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: North Sea firms need to evolve to attract new talent
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be
- WATCH: Statoil chronicles the journey of world’s largest SPAR platform
- WATCH: Dolphins investigate Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm
- WATCH: Time-lapse of first Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm turbine installation
- WATCH: Highlights of Women in Energy event
- WATCH: First turbine tower at Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm installed
- WATCH: Developer Nexans loads Beatrice wind farm cable