This unearthed footage captures what it is like living and working in a North Sea Emergency Response and Rescue Vessels (ERRV) during a storm.
This particular piece of bad weather was classified Hurricane-force 12 on the Beaufort scale and was known as Friedhelm.
It hit Scotland in December 2011.
The storm was the worst to affect Scotland in 10 years.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Job worries for oil and gas technicians: is clean energy the answer?
- 2018-19 … the pivotal years for New Energy
- CCS needs to start with a bang, not a whimper, DNV GL says
- Let’s get serious about low carbon – no more tax breaks for oil
- Scot Gov return-to-work pledge ‘keeps women in sector’, Aberdeen energy lead says