This unearthed footage captures what it is like living and working in a North Sea Emergency Response and Rescue Vessels (ERRV) during a storm.
This particular piece of bad weather was classified Hurricane-force 12 on the Beaufort scale and was known as Friedhelm.
It hit Scotland in December 2011.
The storm was the worst to affect Scotland in 10 years.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms
- Video: Scottish green gas can create renewable power
- Video: North Sea Piper ringing in the New Year goes viral
- VIDEO: Hurricane Harvey Video – Day 5