In July 2016 UK based steel firm Smulders was awarded the contract for the fabrication of 28 jacket foundations for the Beatrice Offshore Windfarm.
The Smulders’ site at Wallsend, Newcastle, will construct the lower part of the jackets over a 12 month period.
Check out the video to find out more.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Promoted: Rotech complete major cable trenching
- WATCH: Shell’s Cougar platform becomes artificial reef
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms
- Video: Scottish green gas can create renewable power