In July 2016 UK based steel firm Smulders was awarded the contract for the fabrication of 28 jacket foundations for the Beatrice Offshore Windfarm.
The Smulders’ site at Wallsend, Newcastle, will construct the lower part of the jackets over a 12 month period.
Check out the video to find out more.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms