In July 2016 UK based steel firm Smulders was awarded the contract for the fabrication of 28 jacket foundations for the Beatrice Offshore Windfarm.
The Smulders’ site at Wallsend, Newcastle, will construct the lower part of the jackets over a 12 month period.
Check out the video to find out more.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up
- Watch: This may be the droid you are looking for…
- Watch: Shell’s Auger – from deepwater pioneer to new energy giant
- Watch: Vessel rolling in the deep
- Watch: Shell’s CFO talks Q3 results
- WATCH: These are the North Sea firms succeeding at MER UK
- Watch: Chevron’s new lease of life for North Sea’s Captain