Written by Ross Davidson -
A major oil find in the Arctic by Norway’s Statoil could contain 350million barrels more than previously thought, it was reported yesterday.
The Skrugard oil find – so far estimated to contain 200-300million barrels, with a potential to hold up to 500million – boosted the interest of oil firms in the Norwegian Arctic when it was discovered last year.
Statoil was not immediately available for comment.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: World’s biggest shipping line can’t kick its oil habit
- Opinion: OPEC – Short term gain, long term (continued) pain?
- Opinion: From peak oil to peak oil demand in just nine years
- Opinion: LNG to power – the increasingly popular floating regas solution
- Opinion: Decommissioning tax breaks a bad deal for the UK taxpayer