Written by Energy Reporter -
Faroe Petroleum said yesterday that drilling had started on the Rodriguez exploration well in the Norwegian Sea. The firm has a 30% stake in the prospect. Chief executive Graham Stewart said: “This will be the last well to spud in our 2012 programme and we now look forward to an exciting 2013 programme with four important exploration wells scheduled to be drilled in Norwegian waters.
“In the meantime, we await the results from the BP-operated North Uist well, west of Shetland.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: World’s biggest shipping line can’t kick its oil habit
- Opinion: OPEC – Short term gain, long term (continued) pain?
- Opinion: From peak oil to peak oil demand in just nine years
- Opinion: LNG to power – the increasingly popular floating regas solution
- Opinion: Decommissioning tax breaks a bad deal for the UK taxpayer