OK, so there were not a huge number of shareholder revolts over directors’ pay this year.
There rarely are, especially if you are limiting yourself to one sector.
But one group of shareholders caused a real shock when they took exception to a planned pay rise for an oil major’s chief executive.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- With shale oil production like this, who needs Trump?
- OPEC’s plan for the future is to resurrect the past
- Opinion: Shell may hold clue to future in corner of Cobham
- Opinion: How can the government reboot the capacity market?
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level