OK, so there were not a huge number of shareholder revolts over directors’ pay this year.
There rarely are, especially if you are limiting yourself to one sector.
But one group of shareholders caused a real shock when they took exception to a planned pay rise for an oil major’s chief executive.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: The Total-Maersk deal – great for both sides
- Opinion: The importance of employing a talented workforce through apprenticeships
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking