OK, so there were not a huge number of shareholder revolts over directors’ pay this year.
There rarely are, especially if you are limiting yourself to one sector.
But one group of shareholders caused a real shock when they took exception to a planned pay rise for an oil major’s chief executive.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Treasury’s North Sea tax paper raises interesting points
- Opinion: Energy Jobline says yes to Sector Mobility within energy
- Opinion: Bridging the energy expectations gap
- Opinion: Kemp – Mergers and asset transactions on the rise in oil and gas sector
- Opinion: Energy companies are scapegoating environmental policies for their own gain