OK, so there were not a huge number of shareholder revolts over directors’ pay this year.
There rarely are, especially if you are limiting yourself to one sector.
But one group of shareholders caused a real shock when they took exception to a planned pay rise for an oil major’s chief executive.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: North Sea firms need to evolve to attract new talent
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be