The crude price downturn has delayed many offshore oil developments as companies have had to cut their spending.
But a number of firms have managed to get over the finishing line to produce first oil (and gas) in the North Sea this year.
The gallery below highlights some of the big achievements from the last 12 months.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level
- Opinion: It’s time to get excited about the North Sea again
- Opinion: Expanding into new sectors – diversifying to survive the oil and gas downturn
- Don’t get used to the amazing cuts in OPEC oil production
- Oil company injects ‘Frankenstein Bug’ into Earth’s core