The crude price downturn has delayed many offshore oil developments as companies have had to cut their spending.
But a number of firms have managed to get over the finishing line to produce first oil (and gas) in the North Sea this year.
The gallery below highlights some of the big achievements from the last 12 months.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Renewables continue to break records, but room for improvement remains
- Opinion: Renewables financiers have embraced ‘bundling’ vigorously
- Opinion: How digital can transform oil and gas supply chain and operations
- Opinion: Perception vs Reality – protection against cyber attacks
- Opinion: US shale’s the wild horse that OPEC just can’t tame