The crude price downturn has delayed many offshore oil developments as companies have had to cut their spending.
But a number of firms have managed to get over the finishing line to produce first oil (and gas) in the North Sea this year.
The gallery below highlights some of the big achievements from the last 12 months.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: OPEC looks totally bewildered as the oil market reshapes
- Opinion: US power responding to shifting market dynamics
- Road greenhouse gases and air pollution action ‘may bring big tax receipts hole’
- Opinion: Oil price unlikely to increase as oversupply continues
- Opinion: The big green job switch