The crude price downturn has delayed many offshore oil developments as companies have had to cut their spending.
But a number of firms have managed to get over the finishing line to produce first oil (and gas) in the North Sea this year.
The gallery below highlights some of the big achievements from the last 12 months.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: The Total-Maersk deal – great for both sides
- Opinion: The importance of employing a talented workforce through apprenticeships
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking