Trio of wells for Equinor

The well was drilled by the Deepsea Bergen rig
Odfjell's Deepsea Bergen rig

Equinor has been granted drilling permits for three wells in the Norwegian North Sea.

The trio consist of two wildcats and one appraisal well within license 630, which is 60% owned by Equinor, with Wellesley Petroleum owning the remaining 40%.

The permits were granted by the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate.

Odfjell Drilling’s semisubmersible rig Deepsea Bergen will be used for the wells.

Drilling will take place around 55miles off the Norwegian coast.

Breaking