Petronas said it is pushing ahead with plans to start operatins in 3029 despite Saudi Aramco ditching plans for the venture.
The Malaysian state oil firm said the Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (RAPID) project is part of its Pengerang Integrated Complex (PIC), estimated to cost as much as $27 billion.
It has been designed to have a 300,000 barrels per day oil refinery as well as a petrochemical complex with an annual capacity of 7.7million tonnes a year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on