Canadian oil and gas company Condor Petroleum has started drilling at its Yakamoz exploration well in Turkey.
In a statement the company said that seismic data and well results from the site has shown that it could be more fractured and gas rich than the reservoirs at Poyraz Ridge.
The well is expected to reach its planned depth of 2000 metres in the third quarter of 2017.
Construction of the central processing facility at the site is 85% complete and commissioning activities are planned to commence early in the same quarter.
The company also confirmed that its Poyraz Ridge development was on track to begin production in the third quarter of the year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance