A substantial oil deal with a Middle East GCC National Oil Company has been announced by Petrofac totalling £420million.
The deal, which will see the Aberdeen-office holding firm provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), has been agreed in a binding letter of intent.
Petrofac say that the details of the deal are “confidential at this time” but5 that further information will be released “in due course”.
E S Sathyanarayanan, group managing director, engineering and construction, said: “Petrofac has a very strong record of project execution in the GCC.
“This latest contract award further cements our footprint in our core markets, and we look forward to delivering a safe and successful project.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter