Spirit Energy has moved to the next stage of its project to increase the life of its Morecambe Bay gas fields.
The firm has released footage of the GMS Endurance jackup moving to the normally unmanned DP8 platform.
Spirit says it will allow teams to “walk to work” and carry out repair, maintenance and modification work to the installation.
It comes after similar modifications were carried out on the DP6 platform.
The project, worth £60million to refurbish the two platforms off the north-west coast of England started last year.
Spirit Energy took over the assets from Centrica last year following the amalgamation of its exploration and production business with Bayerngas Norge.
The aim is to boost output from the fields which already produce enough gas to heat 1.5million UK homes.
Meanwhile, the company last month announced plans to decommission its Bains gas field.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: North Sea firms need to evolve to attract new talent
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be