US firm Erin Energy said today that drilling had begun on a new well on the Oyo field off the coast of Nigeria.
Oyo-9 is expected to add 6,000 to 7,000 barrels of oil per day to the field’s current production.
The drilling campaign is being undertaken by the Pacific Bora rig and will take about 62 days to complete.
Oyo came on stream in 2009 with production via the Armada Perdana FPSO.
Houston-headquartered Erin’s asset portfolio consists of seven licenses across four countries.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on