London-listed 88 Energy said today that it completed the first phase of its “stimulation” operations on its Alaskan project on the weekend.
It said the second stage would take place over the next 12 hours.
Flowback is then planned from the upper zone until a representative sample can be obtained.
The choke will then be gradually opened up to assess the maximum potential flow rate from both zones over the coming weeks.
Sample analysis will take place in a lab over the next four to six weeks.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain