Brazilian oil firm Petrobras reported strong first half results thanks to an upturn in crude prices and volumes.
Pre-tax profits jumped to £3.4billion in 2017 from £303million a year ago.
Revenues increased to £32.8billion from £29.5billion last year.
Exploration costs were cut by 68% while sales, general and administrative expenses dropped 16%.
Total production hit 2.79million boe per day, 3% above the first half of 2016.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance