The pioneers of the Russian oil and gas industry were honoured in a ceremony held in the oil region of Perm.
The ceremony was attended by oil industry veterans of the Perm region.
The monument commemorates pioneers of oil production in Perm whose efforts and accomplishments are enscribed in the history of Russian fuel and energy complex.
The bronze sculpture depicts an oilman in front of a 1930s drilling rig holding a child releasing a dove of peace.
The monument is 4 meters high and weights about 8 tons. Similar sculptures will be installed in 2016 in other towns of the Perm region to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Russian oil company Lukoil
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector