Saffron energy is aiming to bring its third gas-producing field in northern Italy online in the first quarter of next year.
The London-listed firm had initially expected an agreement from the Emilia Romagna regional government, then permission from the Ministry of Economic Development in Rome to begin production by the end of June this year.
But Saffron now expect the approval to be received in or around the first quarter of 2018.
The facility would add to the company’s two other producing gas fields near Milan and Bologna in the north of the country.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on