COSL Drilling Europe has received a letter of intent from Nexen to carry out work at the company’s Ettrick and Blackbird fields in the North Sea.
The work will be conducted by the semi-submersible COSLPioneer, and covers plugging and abandonment work at 13 wells.
COSL Drilling Europes chief executive Jorgen Arneesen said: “COSL is very pleased with Nexen’s intentions and we look forward to commencing work for one of the major oil companies in UK.”
The work will begin in the first quarter of 2018, and is scheduled for a fixed period of 12 months.
The rig received its safety case from the Health and Safety Executive in March this year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on