COSL Drilling Europe has received a letter of intent from Nexen to carry out work at the company’s Ettrick and Blackbird fields in the North Sea.
The work will be conducted by the semi-submersible COSLPioneer, and covers plugging and abandonment work at 13 wells.
COSL Drilling Europes chief executive Jorgen Arneesen said: “COSL is very pleased with Nexen’s intentions and we look forward to commencing work for one of the major oil companies in UK.”
The work will begin in the first quarter of 2018, and is scheduled for a fixed period of 12 months.
The rig received its safety case from the Health and Safety Executive in March this year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?